Valentine’s Day is approaching and I thought i’d post a recipe that’s super easy and fast, yet totally AMAZING. It will leave your Valentine begging for more!
When I found this recipe, I couldn’t believe how few ingredients it had. I thought, ya right, this can’t be good at all. Truthfully, they are the most amazing little cakes! Although, they don’t really have a true brownie texture, they are more like a super moist lava cake that melts in your mouth.
Normally i’d make these little cakes in a mini cupcake pan, but since it’s Valentine’s Day, why not try small heart shaped containers!
1/2 cup Nutella
5 tbsp flour
1/2 tsp cocoa powder
Crushed Hazelnuts or Walnuts for topping (if desired)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a mini cupcake tin.
- In a large glass bowl mix the Nutella and egg together until smooth.
- Add the flour & cocoa powder, mix until completely incorporated.
- Spoon batter into mini muffin tin, until about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, less time is best for a more moist cake.
- Let cool for a few minutes (if you can resist the temptation)
*TIP – use a glass bowl, I mixed the Nutella in a ceramic bowl one time, it was harder to mix and harder to get most of the batter out of the bowl.