The upstairs bathroom is finally finished! Although these photos are not really up to date, they don’t include what we ended up doing with the corner shelf in the shower to cover the pipe. I’ll probably do a single post about this to explain in detail what we did to avoid cutting into the main water line and moving it. I previously posted about the progress of this room, but a lot has changed since then.
The bathroom took a while to finish because we were waiting for our counter top to arrive. We got a reclaimed piece of fir that was hand finished, it really looks more beautiful in person, it’s very smooth and the cracks and knots have been filled with epoxy, so you can see right into the wood. I was initially scared about getting water on it, but so far so good, it just beads right off, but I still wipe it regularly.
Someday we’ll probably change the light fixture, which was so cheap at IKEA. We just needed something urgently, so we went with it. It’s not the most attractive thing, with the black base that sticks out on the wall, but it does the trick for now.